The public has been made to believe the Las Vegas massacre was perpetrated by a lone gunman, but now in a shocking development, officials are admitting that they haven’t released further information about the attack because they are investigating “additional suspects.”
Wait, does that mean that killer Stephen Paddock had help? Signs seem to be pointing to a “yes” in answer to that vexing question.
Many of us expected this may be the case, but we were told to believe otherwise from the beginning.
After all, it has been three months since Paddock allegedly gunned down over 50 people and injured up to 500 more as he spewed bullets toward a country music concert from the window of a hotel room in the Las Vegas Mandalay Bay hotel. And yet, to this day we have very little information released publicly about this massive crime.
We don’t know the killer’s motivation, we don’t know how he was able to hide all those weapons and ammo in a hotel room, there are conflicting reports on the time line, we don’t even know exactly what sort of weapons he had in that room.
But now, according to Fox 5, Metro lawyers are saying there are “additional suspects” being investigated for the crime.
Inside a district courtroom on Jan. 16, a lawyer for multiple media outlets argued why information pertaining to 1 October is crucial to helping Las Vegas heal, but the lawyer for Metro Police said they can’t release any information because there are still suspects being investigated.
“Without naming names, there are potential charges against other people, because of the ongoing investigation?”, District Court Judge Elissa Cadish asked Metro’s Lawyer Nick Crosby.
“Yes there are charges being investigated,” Crosby replied. That was the biggest piece of new information revealed Tuesday. Lawyers for Metro police squared off with lawyers representing multiple media outlets over the unsealing of search warrants and evidence seized. […]
“Are they investigating obstruction of justice? Lies to Metro under oath from Mandalay Bay employees? Is it people who sold [Paddock] the guns or ammunition? Or did someone have knowledge of what he was going to do? Now [Metro Police] are just having us speculate more and more and more,” Craig Island, an attorney for victim’s of 1 October said. […]
“Today is the first time we’ve heard there are additional suspects out there, this contradicts what they have been saying, [Sheriff] Lombardo has said there are no other suspects,” Maggie McCletchie, a lawyer for the media outlets said.
IN COURT: @LVMPD's lawyer said they can't release any information about #1October because there are still suspects being investigated. @cyndilundeberg >https://t.co/yu1WHJFcAZ pic.twitter.com/8YAODGI5Ky
— FOX5 Las Vegas (@FOX5Vegas) January 17, 2018
This shocking news comes on the heels of a whole raft of documents released by authorities. Indeed, even in those documents — most of which don’t shed much light on the crime — one document seems to hint that maybe there was someone else involved in the shooting.
In the papers released, authorities found a strange email exchange between two email addresses supposedly owned by the killer. In the exchanges, Paddock seems to be talking back and forth to himself. Authorities can’t figure out why he would do that.
“Investigators have been unable to figure out why Stephen Paddock would be exchanging messages related to weapons that were utilized in the attack between two of his email accounts. Conversely, if the Target Account was not controlled by Stephen Paddock, investigators need to determine who was communicating with him about weapons that were used in the attack,” the warrant released last week says.
But now, if the reports that authorities are looking at other suspects is true, we are farther than ever from knowing the truth about this crime.