Breaking: Top White House Aide Suddenly Resigns


Editor's Note: The following article contains news and opinion. AnalzyingAmerica.org discusses politics and issues of national importance. This site corrects errors. To submit a correction, please use the form here. To read more about the staff and editorial standards, please view About Us and Community Standards.

There have been a few shakeups at the White House in terms of personnel and that’s to be expected when you have a president from the business world. If you aren’t getting the job done in the private sector you get fired. That’s how it has been in the White House as well and the media has had a hard time getting used to that. They are used to politicians hanging around for decades and no accountability for government officials who do a bad job.

Those days are over.

However, there was a staffing change at the White House this week that didn’t appear to have anything to do with job performance.  Here’s the latest news from the Trump White House.

From BizPac Review:

White House staff secretary Rob Porter resigned Tuesday after two of his ex-wives came forward accusing him of abuse while they were married to him.

Porter called the allegations “simply false” before thanking the president for the opportunity to serve in the White House and announcing he would be leaving, reports Axios.

“These outrageous allegations are simply false. I took the photos given to the media nearly 15 years ago and the reality behind them is nowhere close to what is being described. I have been transparent and truthful about these vile claims, but I will not further engage publicly with a coordinated smear campaign,” Porter said, adding he would be working as hard as possible to ensure a “smooth transition” as he leaves the White House.

Here’s more.

From Fox News:

White House Staff Secretary Rob Porter announced his resignation Wednesday following a report that he had allegedly abused two of his ex-wives.

While White House senior staff, including Chief of Staff John Kelly, initially defended Porter, the latest report from the DailyMail.com included a photo of one ex-wife’s bruised face. She told the outlet that Porter choked and punched her during their marriage.

Senior staff and press staff were meeting throughout the day on the matter, White House sources said. During the White House briefing on Wednesday, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Porter had been “effective in his role” and the president had “confidence in his performance.”

Sanders also said that Porter would not leave immediately.

“He’s resigning from the White House but will stay on to ensure a smooth transition forward,” Sanders told reporters.

Allegedly, a physical assault took place back in 2010.

From The Daily Mail:

A physical assault took place on December 22, 2010.

Willoughby said: ‘[It happened] just after our first anniversary. I cannot remember what the fight was about but I excused myself from the fight in a way that was typical at that time. I certainly was not meek and mild and said, ”I’m not going to fight you anymore” and stormed off and went to take a shower.

‘He was not done fighting with me. It was a glass shower door, he opened it and dragged me by my shoulders out of the shower to yell. Immediately upon seeing my reaction to that, he released me and apologized but it doesn’t take away that he was angry enough that that happened.’

The attack upset her so greatly that she refused to join his family on a Christmas vacation that they were leaving for the following day. She also asked him to leave their home.

[Note: This post was written by Andrew Mark Miller]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here